And I know that there are many of you out there, who are just like me who often say:
So many good books. So little time.
Where do you find time to read?
I'd love to read, but I just don't have the time.
Was I busy? Stressed at work? Preparing for a big life event?
No. Not really. And, Yes.
My days were full, so I guess I was busy in a way, but it doesn't feel like I was too busy I couldn't pick up a paperback. In fact, I picked up a new game - FarmVille 2 on the iPhone. I also spent lots of time with my Loom Bands.
There were days when work was stressful, but it's a far cry from three or so years ago when I was spending long hours at work. Last year was actually the first time things got lite. So no, I can't blame work for not having had time to read.
Yes, I got married last year! But no, the wedding preparations didn't make me too busy that there was no time for an ebook or no space for a book in my bag.
So what is one to do?
MAKE time to READ
- Read a few pages at the waiting area at your doctor's appointment, or anywhere you need to wait in line.
- Scan a few lines while your food cooks
- A chapter or two during your commute to and from work
- Read while the little one watches Hi-5 or is busy building a tower, or setting up a road rally.
- While the husband is out shopping, I read in the car, or at a cafe. He doesn't need fashion advise from me (be sure to regulate the cash he has on hand!)